Panel info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Have a 277v panel with 1P lighting loads that total 15,000W.Panel info is not fully designed.

1. What size panel/main breaker would be in the lighting panel.
  2. What size breaker would you have feed the lighting panel.

Thanks.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Are you asking for the absolute minimum size panel and feeder that you can install? Although you could I wouldn't go below 60 amps.

Russs57

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
I'm not even an electrician and I wish guys could say thinks like; I have a 4 wire, 3phase, 480/277 Wye panel. Stating only the loads leads to lots of unnecessary guessing. I mean I suppose I "could" have a single phase 120 X 277 VAC transformer at my house for exterior lighting.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
ok so I'd assume in the calculation steps for the breaker feeding the panel, the panel size and the feeder for the panel one sizes the panel first, the breaker that feeds that panel then the feeder to the panel? thanks

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The load calculation will tell you the minimum panel size from there you can size the feeder. You can size everything to the minimum or you can go over the minimum size to allow for future expansion.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
The load calculation will tell you the minimum panel size from there you can size the feeder. You can size everything to the minimum or you can go over the minimum size to allow for future expansion.
Then the breaker feeding the panel is sized to the feeder size?

Status
Not open for further replies.