Park Light Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

braggent

I am trying to wire 12 light post that are 120volts and 100watt bulbs. i plan to do two runs due to total liner feet 700. First run of 350 feet will have 6 light post with 10 gauge wire. Second run will have 6 light post with 10 gauge wire ran to the first 350 feet then 12 gauge to the next 350 feet. I doing the different wire size to voltage drop. I was wondering if this is right or do I have to go with 8 gauge then 12 gauge. Is the a formula to figure out voltage drop using diffent wire gauge?

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report.gif
button at the top right corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.