Phasing wires in conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
For some reaon i was under the impression that it is a violation to re-identify the coloring of any wire smaller than #6. Could just be one of those things you always thought was true but isnt in the book.
Ever use marking numbers? Isn't that a means of identification? If not what is your purpose of using them?

I remember an inspector telling me that we could no longer use tape to remark on anything smaller than #8. That was about 4 yrs ago and I forget what article he cited if any.
He probably was having an issue with whether or not tape is a permanent means of identification.

Razzap

What color code?

What color code?

Here is a picture of a new 480 Volt, 3 phase air compressor I recently wired up. Yes, the conductors are identified Yellow, GREEN, and Red on the main terminal strip and on the motor contactors. The building lighting alters the colors a bit. It took a while to convince myself that it was OK to hook up the feed to the Green terminal. I will provide more details on manufacturer and country of origin if neccessary.

Compressor011.jpg

480sparky

Here is a picture of a new 480 Volt, 3 phase air compressor I recently wired up. Yes, the conductors are identified Yellow, GREEN, and Red on the main terminal strip and on the motor contactors. The building lighting alters the colors a bit. It took a while to convince myself that it was OK to hook up the feed to the Green terminal. I will provide more details on manufacturer and country of origin if neccessary.

View attachment 7304

You do realize, of course, that any true-blue, red-blooded American electrons traveling along that B phase are gonna suddenly stop and say, "Whoa! Wait! What the Heck?!?!?! I'm NOT supposed to be HERE!" And before you know it, there's gonna be an atomic-level 16-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion electron pile up.

Status
Not open for further replies.