photocell with LEDsmart bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alby

New User
Occupation
electrician
I am using a photocell for normal dusk to dawn control and I put a LED smart bulb that is supposed to come on in case of power failure in the circuit .The LED ssmart bulb works fine when there is normal power. When the photocell removes power in the morning the smart bulb comes on on its battery power.
Is this how it is supposed to work?
What I am trying to achieve is that at night if power goes the smartbulb will come on with its internal battery power.

Sea Nile

Occupation
Electrician
The smart bulb doesn't know why the power went off. It's just going to do what it was designed to do when it loses power.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I am using a photocell for normal dusk to dawn control and I put a LED smart bulb that is supposed to come on in case of power failure in the circuit .The LED ssmart bulb works fine when there is normal power. When the photocell removes power in the morning the smart bulb comes on on its battery power.
Is this how it is supposed to work?
What I am trying to achieve is that at night if power goes the smartbulb will come on with its internal battery power.
You have already described/answered you're own question. Photo cell turns off power to bulb, bulb senses no power and goes into battery mode. No way around it acting that way.

a.bisnath

thanks for the replies so far!
ok, is there any way I can arrange a circuit where a lamp can work (be on) with a photocell and at night can come on with the loss of power?

Sea Nile

Occupation
Electrician
It will continue to be on at night if power goes out, but every morning it will stay on when photocell turns it off until the batteries die. I thought the original poster was Alby, do you have two accounts?

retirede

The easiest solution would be to feed a photo cell controlled light with a UPS. Skip the smart bulb.

I would think that someone would make a fixture that does what you want, but I don’t have time to search right now.

a.bisnath

It will continue to be on at night if power goes out, but every morning it will stay on when photocell turns it off until the batteries die. I thought the original poster was Alby, do you have two accounts?
Good day,
I was having problems with loggging in with my original account as my email address has changed and I was not able to get in .I really needed some advice with this problem and chose to register again. Later on when I tried to log in again to reply to the posts I realised my original profile came up. I am a hard wire kinda guy, not that great with the 'techie' stuff
I hope the moderator can help.

a.bisnath

Ok, i am thinking the UPS idea is the best ,will have to put a box on the wall for the UPS .UPS will feed the photocell which will in turn control the lamp, a normal LED lamp will be all I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.