please explain man hour cost average.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Hope you're all fairing well in this economy.

I'm using the craftsman estimating program. It's pretty good. My question is this......I'm bidding on a tennent fit out. Lots of outlets, lights, disconnects, etc. I figure 3 guys for the job.

There is a spot on the drop down menu that you type in the hourly wage. Also a spot for man hours. Should the hourly wage be the sum of all 3 men or is it an average of the 3 mens wage? Forget for a moment mark up, profit etc. Just need a decisive answer on this from someone who has used this before or can offer an opinion.

say you pay your guys $25 each. should the wage be $75 per man hour or the average?

Sincerely,

static.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
If you only get one box to fill out then you will have to lump them all together. What about bennies, burden, that silly stuff?

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Sorry: man hour = 1mam 1 hour, or it would be men hour. If the job had 2khr. you could cut it up to fit the finish date.
2000hr 1man
1000hr 2man ...
you use the man hour and put the lowest paid guy on the jobs that do not need a higher paid guy; device trim out(low guy) gear work(high guy and low guy training to be high guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.