Plugmold

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
Anyone know the proper way wiremold want the end of the line receptacle unused wiresto be terminated? I’ve looked the instructions all over.

Todd0x1

I thought youre supposed to leave the ends blunt cut with just a little copper past the insulation on the hot conductor with the end gently resting against the painted surface, so that after many years of normal building vibration the wire end makes its way through the paint and faults (not that I have ever encountered this.......)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I thought youre supposed to leave the ends blunt cut with just a little copper past the insulation on the hot conductor with the end gently resting against the painted surface, so that after many years of normal building vibration the wire end makes its way through the paint and faults (not that I have ever encountered this.......)

"Was that that new thing called 'sarcasm'?" ~ Jack Black in Shallow Hal

kwired

Electron manager
I don't think it matters. Tape, cap with wire nuts, lever locks, stab ins or similar.
I'm with you on this. probably can leave cut end as is and not really have any code violation, but recommend covering any exposed conductor with something non conductive at very least.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I used a plugmold with built in GFCI, tried to center feed, could not get wires behind GFCI to line side. Insructions not clear on this..designed to end feed. Used regular PM with the push on wire connectors, used 33 to tape ends, still not easy if wires are short

Status
Not open for further replies.