Plumbing pipes running through an electric room

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshields

We've got a situation where some plumbing pipes are running through an electric room. This is a new installation. I've made it clear that this is not acceptable. They were going to box it in with 2 hour rated gyp board but the architect is wondering if there is any kind of insulated material that they can wrap the pipes in. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

jtester

Mike

I'm not sure that is a problem. Did they invade working space clearances, clearances above panelboards, etc.? Can you further describe the situation?

Jim T

iwire

Staff member
mshields said:
We've got a situation where some plumbing pipes are running through an electric room. This is a new installation. I've made it clear that this is not acceptable.

Not acceptable based on what?

Are the pipes over the equipment or simply in the same room?

htredeau

Pipes in electrical room

Pipes in electrical room

If the pipes in question are over equipment 2 hour rating or not they must be moved

dahualin

NEC allows foreign systems installed in electrical room as long as they are not in dedicated electrical space and working space. If the foreign system is installed directly above the dedicated space, a protective equipment such as drip pan that ensures that occurances such as leaks, condensation, and even breaks do not damage the electrical equipment located below.

Status
Not open for further replies.