Pocket Reminders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both books. Also i have Summit book. Those are great books! But what i am looking for are like Flash cards (but smaller). I had a Co-worker about a year ago have these cards and i didn't get a chance to find out where he got them from.

nakulak

lol don't know - I only have uglys. it doesn't fit in my pocket though, I thought he wanted the pocket guide so I posted a link.

rlc3854

I worked with a guy over a year ago who had a greenlee book about the size of a pack of smokes and maybe about a 1/4" thick. It had all kinds of formulas to bend pipe, 1 degree to 360. Had some other formulas as well, great little ref to fit in your back/or shirt pocket. Greenlee use to give away at the supply houses, don't know how to get one now.

JohnJ0906

nakulak, how does the Dr. Watts compare to the Ugly's? Would it be worthwhile to have both?

I have both, and carry both in my tool bag. Although the Ugly's has more stuff in it, the DR Watts has a few things the Ugly's doesnt. Also, I like the fact that page 1 is Table 310.16. All the NEC references are right up front, as opposed to being buried in the middle.

masterinbama

I see what you are asking now. Manufacturers put those out I have one from Southwire with table 9 on it , one from little fuse with fuse applications and at one time I had one from Ilsco with crimp and die information.

nunu161

you can make one if you wanted to. i knew a guy that made a bunch of cards printed on construction paper and then laminated them one side was for using a hand bender and the other side was for a chicago bender

quogueelectric

Those little reference cards are usually giveaways from salespeople. Ask at your supply counter.
Suttle makes a nice one that I carry so I dont have to memorize all of the telco pinouts it is 3 pages laminated and I use it all the time. I called them for a catalog and asked them if they had any they threw 6 in the shipment. I have since given them all away but 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.