pole mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

laketime

I am bidding a project and we are going to have to set some street light poles. The pole is 10' tall not sure of the weight but they are aluminum. I was thinking 1 man hour per pole to set, level, tighten bolts, set and make up the head. How does that sound for time? Suggestions?

Buck Parrish

Is the wire and pad all ready in place. If so I say 2 hrs just to be safe. Some times it takes longer to get all the material together then it does to do the job.

USMC1302

I had a 10 foot decorative pole laying out in a bay, so went to check. I think we did them by hand, but it really was awkward. These are round and hard to grab.

Steviechia2

3 hours minimum! You have to take it off the delivery truck, Unpackage it, Mount the head to the pole, snake and wire the head, move the pole into place and mount and level, then finish wire it.

Cavie

3 hours minimum! You have to take it off the delivery truck, Unpackage it, Mount the head to the pole, snake and wire the head, move the pole into place and mount and level, then finish wire it.

3 hours! Holy crap. We set 40' ploes w/ 8' arms in one hour with 3 guys and a boom truck. Current project has 192 poles. Those 10' poles should be done with two guys in less than 1 hour.

laketime

yes i was thinking 2 men 1 hour. the lights are being supplied by the city, am I wishing for too much that they would unload the truck and set them right next to the base?:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.