Pool and Hot Tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Thank you. I can give that a try.

With the pool situation - last question.

If I am getting 0 volts ac but 0.4 volts dc in the pool water, should I consider it safe?

Is it possible that the dc voltage reading is just because of the chemicals in the water are essentially making a large “battery” when the circuit is complete with one probe in the water and the other to ground?
Inverter driven pool pump? Do you get this voltage if pump is turned off?

Any lighting in the pool? Pool heater, electric operated pool cover? any of which utilize DC voltage in any way?

APTCBR

Occupation
Safety
The dc reading is there when the pump is off and even unplugged. No other electrical components are in, on, or connected to the pool. That is what leads me to think it is not true voltage leaking into the pool or being conducted by somewhere else.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I think enough info has been given to the OP. If he needs further assistance, he needs to contact an electrician versed well on pools. This thread is getting into DIY. Pools are dangerous if not supplied with all the safety requirements. Getting info off the internet is dangerous as well. It may be the wrong question is asked, or maybe the owner misinterprets info, so it's time to close this and hope the OP does the right thing and get local professional help.

Status
Not open for further replies.