pool light junction box

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveBowden

I have a customer who is remodeling his pool deck area. The junction box for his pool light is sticking up in the middle of the deck and he wants to convert it to a box that is flush with the deck pavers. I've seen this type of installation before but I can't find anywhere that has the right box. The existing box has a 1 inch rigid conduit with a threadless connector coming from the niche, a 3/4 inch PVC conduit coming from the transformer, and a 3/4 PVC sleeve with the pool bond wire in it. Anyone know where I can find the box I need?

DaveBowden

It can't be flush and stick up in the air 4 to 8 inches, so yes it does. 680.24(A)(2) specifically says if OVER 15 volts then (A)(2)(a) and 680.24(A)(2)(b) apply but if 15 volts OR LESS then 680.24(A)(2)(c) shall be permitted.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It can't be flush and stick up in the air 4 to 8 inches, so yes it does. 680.24(A)(2) specifically says if OVER 15 volts then (A)(2)(a) and 680.24(A)(2)(b) apply but if 15 volts OR LESS then 680.24(A)(2)(c) shall be permitted.
Yes it can if the deck is 4" higher than the pool water and I missed the transformer part. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.