Powerflex 525 F111

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demus

Occupation
Electrician
I have a PowerFlex 525 with a F111 error, this fault is intermittent and resettable by cycling the power. This issue started not too long ago, have anyone seen this issue before. I am tempted to replace the drive but just want to make sure that I am not missing anything.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
F111 means your Safety Circuit is open, S1, S2 to S+. If you are not using a Safety Relay or some other device wired to those terminals, there should be jumpers on those terminals, check to see that they are tight. If you are using a Safety Relay or device, then the drive may be doing what it is being told to do.

Demus

Occupation
Electrician
Thanks so much Bob and Jraef, I will replace the limit switches, I already check these, but might be cheaper to replace, these could be he culprit tell the drive to fault.

alexfox1986

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a PowerFlex 525 with a F111 error, this fault is intermittent and resettable by cycling the power. This issue started not too long ago, have anyone seen this issue before. I am tempted to replace the drive but just want to make sure that I am not missing anything.
The F111 fault on a PowerFlex 525 drive indicates an "UnderVoltage Trip" error, which occurs when the DC bus voltage drops below a certain threshold. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including power supply issues, wiring problems, or a fault within the drive itself.

If the fault is intermittent and resettable by cycling the power, it is possible that the problem is related to the power supply or wiring. You should check the power supply and wiring connections to ensure that they are secure and free of any damage or corrosion.

If the problem persists after checking the power supply and wiring, it may be a fault within the drive itself. In this case, it may be necessary to replace the drive or contact the manufacturer for further troubleshooting assistance.

Before replacing the drive, it may be helpful to monitor the DC bus voltage during operation to see if it drops below the threshold when the fault occurs. This can help to identify the root cause of the issue and determine the best course of action.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The F111 fault on a PowerFlex 525 drive indicates an "UnderVoltage Trip" error, which occurs when the DC bus voltage drops below a certain threshold. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including power supply issues, wiring problems, or a fault within the drive itself.

If the fault is intermittent and resettable by cycling the power, it is possible that the problem is related to the power supply or wiring. You should check the power supply and wiring connections to ensure that they are secure and free of any damage or corrosion.

If the problem persists after checking the power supply and wiring, it may be a fault within the drive itself. In this case, it may be necessary to replace the drive or contact the manufacturer for further troubleshooting assistance.

Before replacing the drive, it may be helpful to monitor the DC bus voltage during operation to see if it drops below the threshold when the fault occurs. This can help to identify the root cause of the issue and determine the best course of action.
No. Not sure where you are getting this but it is incorrect. UV is F004.

F111 is the Open Safety Circuit like I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.