Preventive Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcd

Hello Im Employed as New Applicant Candidate for Maintenace Planner in a Bottling Company, my main role is to ensure equipment in its best functionability.

What is the best technique in familiarizing quickly all the equipments installed and how do I apply the Preventive and Corrective Measures?

bphgravity

Re: Preventive Maintenance

Well, there is no magic answer to this question.

I would say the best place to start is with the manufacturers instructions and specification manuals. I would review all past work orders for common and frequent problems and their repair.

I would communicate with the operators to get information on equipment operation and any issues thay may have. I would then walk through a general maintenance procedure on each of the equipment to become familiar with the total procedure before shutting it down and touching anything.

As for the second question, this is probably going be something you will have to work out with your employer and the operators to have smooth operations. Agian, a procedure must already be in place that probably works but could use some adjustments as you see the need.

I would not walk in a rewrite the books though, that is for sure! Good Luck! :)

bennie

Esteemed Member

A lot will depend on your own mechanical aptitude.

Review past performance records. Maintain accurate records.

Study the manufacturers literature, specifications, and parts manuals.

Make a component failure projection chart.

Service and inspect the parts, with most frequent
failure record, more often.

Good luck

Bennie

pwhite

i agree with the other posts.
when i developed a preventative maintenance program for a printing company i worked at, i had to start from scratch.

i reviewed the maintenance work orders, manuals, and questioned the operators.

i put the plan into action, had to modify it several times to fine tune it, and eventually the maintenance breakdowns became preventative maintenance routines. breakdowns went down substantially.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.