Price per Outlet in EMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

tmbrk said:
So EMT might seem like alot more to you because you might not normally install it.

True, it's all what you're used to.

That said, I guarantee it's faster to do a house in NM cable than EMT complete (pulling and terminating) once you are proficient with NM cable. (It doesn't take long to get used to.)

i wouldn't do jobs for 40 and opening if the GC only had one or two jobs a month. we bang a few jobs a week for the GC. i wouldn't do it for so cheep if i my self was doing the pipeing. But its really not so bad all the other trades are done. and i charge extra for any thing not on the prints or trips back

tyha

tmbrk said:
It depends where you work. I hear in the city proper it is more like 95-105 per. I think Active1 is refering to the areas outside of the city and suburbs. Remember, Illinois does not regulate at the state level. At the county level I know that Kane and McHenry don't require licensed electricians in unincorporated county areas. They also allow NM. I know builders that do their own electrical work there. Unlicensed sidejobbers run rampant in these areas. When you are working in a municipality and must be licensed and registered you can charge more. I would bid out at 65-75 per single duplex receptacle or s.p. switch. I would go up from there. (ie. GFCI, recessed cans, 220v, etc...) but new residential is not for me. Why waste my time when service work pays alot more?

Edit to add: Since the housing bubble has burst, maybe that's what guys are charging now? The prices I showed may not be applicable anymore.
it is just absolutley amazing to me that the state lets this stuff happen unregulated. here in nc the ec's are heavily regulated and should be. I mean the liability alone for miswiring something is crazy. I guess i am just used to the way it is here and has been as far as I can remember. The electrical board around here does not play when it comes to licensing or reprimanding unlicensed or licensed people.

Status
Not open for further replies.