pricing per device exchange project

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Aprox. 85apts. I could figure 5min. per device. each apt will ave. 5 device exchanges.

You think you will remove and replace 96 devices in occupied apartments in each 8 hr shift?

And you will do this for 4 1/2 days?

And this does not include getting there, getting the stock, getting the stock to the apt., clean up, trash disposal, a coffee break, etc.

I think I would be more in the 15 minute range for 1.25 hrs per unit min.

I had a similar job and I did one unit 'gratis' to figure my true time.

Last edited:

aline

What do you do when you walk into an apartment that looks like this?

clutteredroom1.png

howardrichman

You think you will remove and replace 96 devices in occupied apartments in each 8 hr shift?

And you will do this for 4 1/2 days?

And this does not include getting there, getting the stock, getting the stock to the apt., clean up, trash disposal, a coffee break, etc.

I think I would be more in the 15 minute range for 1.25 hrs per unit min.

I had a similar job and I did one unit 'gratis' to figure my true time.

Yea; I think you might be right. Even at 12 min each, 60 min. per apt, In an 8 hr. day I'de have to install 40 devices. Now it's starting to sound like a lot of work, even if it's an easy job.
HR

peter d

Yea; I think you might be right. Even at 12 min each, 60 min. per apt, In an 8 hr. day I'de have to install 40 devices. Now it's starting to sound like a lot of work, even if it's an easy job.
HR

480sparky already alluded to this, but if this building was built in the 50's, 60's 70's or earlier when most rough-in was still done with "gem" aka sectional device boxes, chances are you will also be dealing with very short wires and crowded boxes. I would double your time if you find that's what you're dealing with.

howardrichman

I believe these boxes are the one piece type w/side bracket. I will have 1-1/2" 6-32's at hand, but also I'm replacing an old GFI w/new, should fit.

HR

Status
Not open for further replies.