Primary and Secondary Riser on Same Utility Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeee

I was curious if anyone knew whether you can install a 5" RGSC Riser for primary overhead to underground and a 3 or 5" RGSC riser for secondary overhead to underground on the same utility pole. My guess is that you can not.

bdarnell

Occupation
Retired Engineer
Re: Primary and Secondary Riser on Same Utility Pole

That would be totally up to the utility, IMO.

I've seen it done, but it's rare.

jtester

It can be done, however there are some concerns. First is climbing space. You will need to orient your risers so that you maintain climbing space.

Secondly, is there room on the pole for a set of primary terminations, and a set of transformers? While it is possible to do it, most utilities don't because of the clutter.

Theoretically it is possible, but practically, it usually isn't done without a driving need.

Jim T

charlie

We use a standoff with a riser bracket that permits multiple risers on the same pole and still permit the pole to have climbing room and be easy to replace. We can have a primary riser with a secondary riser and communications riser on the same pole with no problem. However, we will not permit the transformer to be on a primary riser pole. Take a look at GB7-010. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.