proposal form

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Last code cycle I had the proposal form in Microsoft Word format. I don't know where I got it. Is one available for this code cycle in that format?
Don

physis

Re: proposal form

I am very pleased to see a computer version of the proposal form. I've tried in the past to come up with anything at all and have always been unsuccesful.

Thanks Bob
icon14.gif

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by macmikeman:
Sam, are you aware that there is a 5 pager in the nec forum as to your whereabouts? Take a look at "where is Sam" from Sept. 3. Welcome back.
Mike take a look at the posting date of Sam's post. :(

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Goodcode wrote in another thread:
Send in those proposals to change the NEC!
The closing date is coming soon, November 4, 2005.
My stupid Macintosh can't open MS Word documents. Will they throw my proposals away if they're just typed out?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

George,
There is no requirement that they be electronic. You can just make copies of the form in the back of the code book and type or even hand print your proposals. Last code cycle, they also had an online submission process. I can't find that this time..
Don

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Well, I whipped together my own. It looks fairly close to the real thing, hopefully they accept them.

I've got 23 proposals in all. Took all day to get them sorted, typed, signed. :eek:

charlie

As long as all the required information is there and you have signed the proposal with the disclaimer at the bottom, the NFPA will take a hand written document. It must be clear enough to read though. :D

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Hello, Charlie! :)

How about this?
:D

Edit: I didn't put anything in for "Company", because I'm not submitting these on behalf of m company, solely as an individual. That's okay, right?

[ October 10, 2005, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: georgestolz ]

charlie

Everything is fine but you certainly have my permission to submit it under your own name. At this stage of the game, I don't care about credit and don't care if I see my name in print. :D

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer

According to the NFPA Regulations Governing Committee Projects , Section 4-4.3, the following are the required elements of a valid submission:
(a) Identification of the submitter and his or her affiliation (i.e., TC, organization, company), where appropriate
(b) Identification of the Document, edition of the Document, and paragraph of the Document to which the Proposal is directed
(c) Proposed text of the Proposal, including the wording to be added, revised (and how revised), or deleted
(d) Statement of the problem and substantiation for Proposal
(e) The signature of the submitter or other means of authentication approved by the Council Secretary
(f) Two copies of any document(s) (other than an NFPA document) being proposed as a reference standard or publication
I happen to know, if you just come close to these the Proposal will be submitted to the CMPs or TCs.

The only reason I've seen NFPA Staff set a submission aside if there is any reasonable way to offer it for CMP consideration is if it is submitted after the cutoff.

In other words, George your form is fine and get those Proposals moving. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.