pull boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

I always use pullbox in distribution for a branch which is not too far from source.

In most of project's Scope Of Work the maximium distance between a handhole and a manhole are mentioned 100 meter only if there is a straight path.

If it is a straight path, 100 meter per pull box might be ok

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I might consider that if it's, say, two nice wide 90s (no factory 90s), 1" pipe and just 3-4 10s or 12s.

But otherwise, I only do that as a last resort. I'd rather try vac'ing a mouse, or using compressed air to get a jetline in, then pull a rope back through to do the actual pull.

When I discovered the trick we had just run 355 feet of 2 inch with no pull boxes. There were 6 runs 20 feet high on trapezes. The vacuum didn't get it and the EC said that on the other store they ran into the same problem and had to open up the pipe run every 100 feet to snake in the pull rope.

Not on my watch.

I made an informal bet with my partner that we could get the pull done without spending two days taking the racked run apart.

Since then I have figured out how to do even longer runs using two full tapes plus an added length of a broken tape. I figure I can do up to 500 feet with the method, perhaps more.

It's all in how you rig the gear and communicate (via radio) with your partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.