PV Conductor and Communication Conductor in the same conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossfair

New User
Hey y'all, I got a question about running a communication cable in the same conduit as PV wire.

I'm planning to run a 600V PV cable from my rooftop array to my inverter, and a 600V insulated 18 AWG 2-pair tray cable in the same conduit. The tray cable runs to a Tigo Cloud Connect Advanced (a data logger for the PV system) housed in an enclosure separate from the inverter, and under normal operation won't carry more than 100mA.

Is this setup NEC compliant? would i need overcurrent protection for the communication device to be up to code even with the low current draw? I'm pretty sure the Cloud Connect/data logger won't draw more than an amp even if its cable gets energized by the PV array, but code is code and I want to make sure what I do will be up to NEC regulations.

Any light on this is appreciated.

jumper

Tossfair, is this a work related project or a DIY one? Your profile does not really state your profession as an electrical one. Until you can clarify:

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.