PV GEC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattfree

I am looking for some advice. I am doing a DIY PV install. There are 30 LG panels using M250 Enphase inverters. I have 3 arrays that are combined into one 6x6 J box out of the box are two strings #10, (15) panels per string, to two disconnects then to the panel breakers.

Problem #1 I am using#8 solid bare for the GEC. I know there has been a lot of discussion about this wire being continuous or spliced with a non-removable splice. In my installation I have the #8 coming from the panel to the rooftop into the above 6x6 J box. I plan on having separate grounds coming from each (3) arrays to this same J box. The only splices I found are (1) #8 to (1) #8. How can I join (3) #8 to (1) #8?

Problem #2 I plan on running the #8 GEC through the EMT conduit to the 4x4 J box at each array. Then exit the J box and attach it to the ground lugs on the rails and panels. How do I exit the #8 from J box and keep it water tight?

iwire

Staff member
I strongly suggest you hire a professional to help you.

With that said, I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.