PV (SOLAR) DC Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMLee

Hello,

I am using a Square D HU362RB DC rated disconnect for my solar project. Since we don't want to break the grounded conductor, do I simply bypass landing of the grounded conductor in this box and only break the ungrounded? Does Square D offer any type of isolated bar (similar to the grounding bar) that does NOT ground out to the chassis of the box when installed? I noticed that Eaton carries a box with the isolated bar for the neutral, but I really want to use the Square D since I already have it, but I want it to certainly be code compliant.

THANKS!
Lee

If you can I would pull the grounded conductor straight through the DC disconnect. If you need to splice then do it in the disconnect as long as it doesn't interfere with the disconnect, otherwise mount a j-box adjacent to it. You are right, you only want to break the ungrounded conductors.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Hello,

I am using a Square D HU362RB DC rated disconnect for my solar project. Since we don't want to break the grounded conductor, do I simply bypass landing of the grounded conductor in this box and only break the ungrounded? Does Square D offer any type of isolated bar (similar to the grounding bar) that does NOT ground out to the chassis of the box when installed? I noticed that Eaton carries a box with the isolated bar for the neutral, but I really want to use the Square D since I already have it, but I want it to certainly be code compliant.

THANKS!
Lee

Have you asked Square D?
They do list an insulated solid neutral (#SN03) for their standard H362RB switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.