PVC coated rigid galvanised steel conduit and sealtite coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunuelbresson

Hi guys,

I am trying to find a coupling for connecting a PVC coated rigid galvanised steel conduit and a sealtite but I cannot find one which is corrosion resistant.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Hi guys,

I am trying to find a coupling for connecting a PVC coated rigid galvanised steel conduit and a sealtite but I cannot find one which is corrosion resistant.

The coating can be applied after the fact. You buy a can of the PVC coating that brushes on. It is the same stuff that is used to touch up the PVC coated conduit.

You can even get the manufacturer of the PVC coated conduit to do it for you if you want.

Incidentally, I have seen places where it looks like they used heat shrink tubing to protect these kind of fittings.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Hi guys,

get an ocal coupling, and shave the sleeve off one end with a razor knife.
get an ocal sealtite fitting, and screw it into the coupling end you just trimmed.
put it on the pipe, and away you go.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
The coating can be applied after the fact. You buy a can of the PVC coating that brushes on. It is the same stuff that is used to touch up the PVC coated conduit.

You can even get the manufacturer of the PVC coated conduit to do it for you if you want.

Incidentally, I have seen places where it looks like they used heat shrink tubing to protect these kind of fittings.

I know someone makes Teflon or PFA based heat shrink tubing. Oh, hey, looky here.

tkb

get an ocal sealtite fitting, and screw it into the coupling end you just trimmed.

Thats the way I have always done it.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician

I have these exact parts in my truck for an ocal job starting tomorrow. I intend to do it the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.