Pvc offset nipple

sparkync

Anyone els

Anyone seen a 1 1/4 " pvc offset nipple. Thought Lowes would carry one but can't find one. My power company won't accept anything less than a 200 amp meter base and the holes won't match up to my 100 amp panel.
Thanks

sparkync

Thanks, now how about a 1 1/4 box adapter. Wonder why they don't make one with threads on both sides. I can find 1/2 and 3/4 box adapters but haven't found 1 1/4 " yet. I don't won't to use a metal one, because it would require bonding. Thanks. Still looking

sparkync

Yes, I could do that, but was hoping to use in limited space. It would be a good "invention" for someone who could pay the price for a "patent". I may have to go that route though, but had rather go without the pvc and connector space.. Thanks

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Yes, I could do that, but was hoping to use in limited space. It would be a good "invention" for someone who could pay the price for a "patent". I may have to go that route though, but had rather go without the pvc and connector space.. Thanks
You can't use a metal offset nipple?

kwired

Electron manager
A real electrical supply company would have 1-1/4 and 2" and almost all box adapter sizes.
In their system yes, in a particular branch location no.

Over the years as some the local suppliers been bought out by bigger companies I find they have about anything and they like to brag about inventory, but every time you want some item that maybe isn't a high volume mover they don't have it at the local branch and maybe don't even have it at the bigger location where they have daily transfers from, so you will have additional UPS charge if you want them to send it. Or you can buy it on line from someplace else that may have free shipping if you also purchase say at least $50 or $100 of items. But then depending on where it shipped from you still likely have at least two or three day wait unless you want to pay for expedited shipping.

kwired

Electron manager
Concentric knock outs. Wouldn't I have to use bond bushings?
When service conductors are involved bonding of raceway needs to be something besides standard locknuts even if no concentric KO's are involved.

Possible suggestion is punch out to largest size of one of the KO's and use that size of metallic offset nipple and a bonding locknut if you don't want to have to run a bonding conductor to it.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
In their system yes, in a particular branch location no.

Over the years as some the local suppliers been bought out by bigger companies I find they have about anything and they like to brag about inventory, but every time you want some item that maybe isn't a high volume mover they don't have it at the local branch and maybe don't even have it at the bigger location where they have daily transfers from, so you will have additional UPS charge if you want them to send it. Or you can buy it on line from someplace else that may have free shipping if you also purchase say at least $50 or $100 of items. But then depending on where it shipped from you still likely have at least two or three day wait unless you want to pay for expedited shipping.
I wonder which CED you’re dealing with. We have two branches. One CH, one SqD. Managers have the option to stock slow movers, but it costs them to the point of throw the sucker in a trash bin If it’s there too long.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
The bad thing is brick and mortar doesn’t carry or is inconvenient on certain items like you are looking for.
Amazon has them next day with prime.

I needed a part I found online. I figured I would go to brick and mortar to help out local economy. They didn’t have the part, but said they could have it in 5 days. The guy went to the back to do something but left his screen visible to me. He was ordering the part online, then quoted me twice the online price.
And people wonder why Amazon is so big

kwired

Electron manager
I wonder which CED you’re dealing with. We have two branches. One CH, one SqD. Managers have the option to stock slow movers, but it costs them to the point of throw the sucker in a trash bin If it’s there too long.
Well it is 3E, which was acquired by CED a few years ago though it still operates as a separate division.

I don't know if you use them or not, closest branch to you would be Lexington. But boasting about the big inventory thing started way back before CED bought them and when Electric Fixture and Supply was first acquired by 3E.