Pyrotronics system 3 facp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasd

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the fire alarm control panel mentioned in the thread title, hoping someone can help me out. We would like to add AHU duct detectors on a building that has this facp, but we only want the detectors to send supervisory signals to the panel and not cause an alarm condition. Can this panel do that?, if not, is there any component we can add to make possible supervisory condition? I appreciate your responses.

Thank you

Doesn't that count as double-ancient now? (I was building system3 panels in the late 1970s.)

IIRC, since it's all separate modules and wires, you should be able to do that. I'd look it up, but I'm not sure where in the garage the books are :ROFLMAO:.

MichaelGP3

Occupation
Fire Alarm Technician
I thought that the latest version of that panel is still in production due to its being Coast Guard (or maybe USN as well) approved for use on off shore drilling platforms.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I thought that the latest version of that panel is still in production due to its being Coast Guard (or maybe USN as well) approved for use on off shore drilling platforms.
No, panels and panel components are no longer available from Siemens for the System 3. You'll have to go to third party refurbishers for zone cards. The OP will need a ZN-34US/A. That's actually a sprinkler supervisory module, but it's the only one they had that was supervisory only.

Status
Not open for further replies.