Qaulity at its Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnsane84

Last week I went to Florida for my honeymoon and stayed at what they bill as a "5 star" resort in the Disney/Seaworld Area. After checking in and getting all my junk up to the room I go to get a drink and theres no ice so I cut the ice maker on. After about an hour or so I go to get myself a drink and walk into my own indoor pool in the kitchen. They told me there was a jacuzzi, I just didnt realize it was disquised as the kitchen floor. Apparently someone left the water line for the icemaker disconnected and it ran all over the floor. We call the front desk, the maintenance guy arrives, pulls out the fridge and I was amazed at the lovely qaulity of craftsmanship with the electrical outlet. The cover plate was completely missing with the exception of a small piece where the mounting screw went through. As he continued to work he asked if I wanted him to replace the cover. All I could think about was the fact that the icemaker water line had been behind the fridge spraying water all over the area where the outlet was located. I couldnt believe he had to ask if he should replace the cover and even more amazing is the fact that a resort of this caliber would have electrical covers in such poor shape especially since it was a "water cooled" outlet. :grin:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
It has been decades ago, but dang if I remember if ANY of the outets in my honeymoon hotel had cover plates :)

electricalperson

hotel maintanence departments are pretty notorious for doing some hack electrical work sometimes. i heard 2 maintanance workers talking about having to "jump" out something on a 2 stage heat/ac unit to make it work right.

JohnJ0906

augie47 said:
It has been decades ago, but dang if I remember if ANY of the outets in my honeymoon hotel had cover plates :)

Um, Gus, I hope you had better things to do on your honeymoon than check out electrical equipment.... :grin:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
JohnJ0906 said:
Um, Gus, I hope you had better things to do on your honeymoon than check out electrical equipment.... :grin:

my point to jnsane, exactly:grin:

Brady Electric

Quality at its Best

Quality at its Best

I have been married four times
First time 17 years
Second time 9 years
Third time 1 year
Fourth time 7 years and counting with finally my perfect match
But I still can't remember any electrical outlets in my honeymoon sweet
Semper Fi Buddy

brian john

Brady Electric said:
I have been married four times
First time 17 years
Second time 9 years
Third time 1 year
Fourth time 7 years and counting with finally my perfect match
But I still can't remember any electrical outlets in my honeymoon sweet
Semper Fi Buddy

You a glutton for punishment?
Once, OK
Twice, we all make mistakes.
three times, you have permission to shot me.,
four times, she better be rich, if I survived the shooting.

Brady Electric

Quality at its Best

Quality at its Best

BrianJohn
I guess your right
After serving in Nam I couldn't get it right
I'm glad I didn't give up
I'm the happiest I've ever been
Believe it or not I'm still friends with all except the one year marriage
First was the mother of my two boys
Thanks for making me laugh
Semper Fi Buddy

jnsane84

augie47 said:

Considering the fact that I wasnt sealing the deal while the Maint. guy was fixing the swimming pool in my kitchen I took a second to peak over his shoulder. Believe me I had way better things to concentrate on other than the electrical. I would have rather had no disturbances but I figured I should get it fixed before I had a lazy river running through the living room.

Brady Electric

Quality at its Best

Quality at its Best

10/4
We are not questing your manhood
You should know by now that we take every chance we can to poke fun
Just look how I left my self open with my response
Electrical work is rewarding but its not all the world has to offer
Have a GREAT day
Semper Fi Buddy

jnsane84

It's all good. I'm not easily offended. Just didnt want anyone thinking that I was on my honeymoon concentrating on the NEC or ohm's law or anything like that. It was just so noticeable when he rolled the fridge out in the middle of the kitchen and I wanted to share. :grin:

mivey

jnsane84 said:
Considering the fact that I wasnt sealing the deal while the Maint. guy was fixing the swimming pool in my kitchen I took a second to peak over his shoulder. Believe me I had way better things to concentrate on other than the electrical. I would have rather had no disturbances but I figured I should get it fixed before I had a lazy river running through the living room.
A little shy, huh?:grin:
I must admit, I would have been curious as to the cause of my quite time being interrupted as well. If you left while the work was done, you could never be sure you would get the real scoop.

Best wishes to you and your bride.

jnsane84

Thanks mivey for the wishes. Yeah curiousity got the best of me and instead of just leaving and expecting to get a decent answer as to the cause I wanted to see first hand.

Brady Electric

Quality at its best

Quality at its best

In all seriousness it bugs me that for the price we have to pay for rooms that motels are a dirty as they are.
I've even seen around here sinks that had radiator hose connecting to the drain pipe
Semper Fi Buddy

jnsane84

I think thats what got me so interested in the matter in the first place was the fact that the resorts surrounding Disney and Seaworld boast of 5 star ratings and top qaulity but theres issues like the ones I originally posted and that wasnt all of it. There was more but I was too busy enjoying time with my new wife and having fun to worry about the rest of it. I only addressed that one because I didnt want a full blown water park in my kitchen. Even the staff had a questionable demeanor which is obsurd considering the money that people spend at these resorts.

C3PO

Best wishes to you and your wife.

My wife and I also went to Orlando for our honeymoon (2005) and I am not ashamed to admit that I brought my NEC with me and even read it some. Don't leave home without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.