Qualifying low voltage company in Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky820

I have a Low Voltage Unlimited (LVU) in Georgia. Someone has contacted me about qualifying their company. I know all about the risks involved but my question is this:

Can I qualify their company like you can in Florida or do I have to become an employee?

What is is involved in the process in Georgia?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Bill

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Qualifying low voltage company in Georgia

From the GA SOS website ....

Rule 121-6-.01 Business Registration
(1)Sole proprietorships, partnerships, or corporations engaging in contracting covered by O.C.G.A. 48-14 must have regularly connected with such business a person holding an appropriate and current license or certificate. Such persons must actually be engaged in the practice of the business on a full-time basis and must provide adequate supervision of and be responsible for the work performed. Such persons may not qualify more than one proprietorship, partnership, or corporation for business registration at any one time. The qualifying licensee or certificate holder must provide supervision while the contracted work is in progress and must be able to respond in a timely manner to problems that may arise while the work done under his license is in progress. A licensee or certificate holder is deemed unable to supervise work or respond to problems during the hours when such licensee is working for another employer. Therefore during the hours the licensee or certificate holder is working for another employer, the sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation cannot perform contracting work which is dependent upon the supervision of the licensee or certificate holder.
(2)Notwithstanding the penalty that may be imposed under the provisions of O.C.G.A. 10-1-493 for failure to comply with O.C.G.A. 10-1-490, such failure is grounds for disciplinary action. See Rule 121-5-.02(h), Unprofessional Conduct defined.

Link to site .... http://rules.sos.ga.gov/GAC/121-6

Not sure if you have your own business, but you can only qualify one. If they are licensed elsewhere, they may be able to reciprocate their existing license.

Georgia’s LV licensing is dumb in my opinion. My class II reciprocates to a full unlimited in Florida which covers LV. You would have to do 8 years of apprenticeship here in Georgia to get covered for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.