question regarding septic control

Status
Not open for further replies.

snojammer

looking at the wiring diagram it show three incomming power to the control box, one for alarm, one for pump, and one for control. but where the drawing shows the pump hook up on the bottom of the (supplied) 20 amp breaker. is there anything in the code that says if i can terminate to the bottom of a ocd??

Hendrix

looking at the wiring diagram it show three incomming power to the control box, one for alarm, one for pump, and one for control. but where the drawing shows the pump hook up on the bottom of the (supplied) 20 amp breaker. is there anything in the code that says if i can terminate to the bottom of a ocd??

:confused::confused::confused:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I'm unsure of the nature of your question.
Since you mention "control", I would assume there is a float switch or other control means involved and the pump would connect to a relay/starter, etc. thus being operated by the control device.
If you connected directly to the breaker would the pump not run continuously ?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

There are generally 3 rubber cords that come from the tank to the control box. One is alarm, the others are for pump and the floats.

If you hookup the pump to the breaker it will always be on unless there are float switches in the pump-- never seen that on a septic system. There should be a terminal strip labeled with where everything goes. The pump usually wires somewhere on the terminal strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.