queston about ballasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtm87

If I have a 4 lamp ballast, I can use it on a 2 lamp fixture correct? just cap a yellow and the reds or blues? The ballast is a Ge-432-120-n it says you can use f32t8, f32t8/u, f32t8/wm, f40t8. The lamps I have are fb032/741/eco. Thank you.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
gtm87 said:
If I have a 4 lamp ballast, I can use it on a 2 lamp fixture correct? just cap a yellow and the reds or blues? The ballast is a Ge-432-120-n it says you can use f32t8, f32t8/u, f32t8/wm, f40t8. The lamps I have are fb032/741/eco. Thank you.

Or new ballast, $15.

emahler

probably not...you can usually use them for 3 or 4 lamps...2 lamp ballasts will usually work for 1 or 2...

mdshunk

Most of the one's I use say that you can use it on one less lamp than it's rated for. I mostly use Advance, and the 4 lamp ballasts will do 3 or 4, and the 2 lamp ballasts will do 1 or 2, etc. I'm talking about T8 electronic, mind you.

gtm87

thanks guys, i tried one out at work before i went to the job and it worked, so I put them in and everything was fine, it ended up saving me $300 and I got rid of some old free stock that was in the garage, its a win win!!

Status
Not open for further replies.