Quick Junction box calculator I made

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOOL_5150

Hey, I needed to calculate a bunch of junction boxes with different wire sizes in it - no devices, just a pull/junction box. I made this and thought I would share it with you.

Heres a link to the Excel format:
http://www.xaetrex.net/etc/elec-pics/LJB_CALC.xls

Heres a link to the online format: [need to use IE]
http://www.xaetrex.net/etc/elec-pics/LJB_CALC.htm

This server belongs to me and has an active virus scan on it, so dont worry about spyware.

If you find any mistakes / suggestions... please post!

~Matt

TOOL_5150

No prob!

Also, to add: If you have a blackberry, you can download a free copy of "Grid Magic" and will enable you to view and use this sheet!

I am going to play with it some more, if it works as well as they say it will... I think Ill buy it.

~Matt

Sharpie

Thanks, I added it to my tools folder.
Question: If I have multiple wire sizes, what do I do to add a device to that calc?

Sharpie

Got it. Thanks.

(4) Device or Equipment Fill For each yoke or strap containing one or more devices or equipment, a double volume allowance in accordance with Table 314.16(B) shall be made for each yoke or strap based on the largest conductor connected to a device(s) or equipment supported by that yoke or strap.

daleuger

The man makes you an excellent tool free of charge and someone calls him out on semantics when they can save the file and change it for themselves.

So typical of this forum. :cool:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
The man makes you an excellent tool free of charge and someone calls him out on semantics when they can save the file and change it for themselves.

FWIW, the 'sheet is password protected from changes to all but entry cells... and the author has not provided the password.

JES2727

He did, after all, ask that mistakes/suggestions be brought to his attention...

cadpoint

Originally Posted by daleuger

FWIW, the 'sheet is password protected from changes to all but entry cells... and the author has not provided the password.

I thought it was just me and operator problems, I also got the Remark:
The document is password-protected or encrypted. Download and save and open in Works...

I both opened once and then saved to cpu, then is self opened...

I sudo give up on these types of downloads, I downloaded another Xls the other night and is was there, but all the Text and work was in Vertical ? !

Another time I downloaded something it asks me to open a tab, well "I don't know, Isn't a choice" :) I didn't see that one either ~ !

Maybe a helpfully screen shoot of what one is suppose to see might be something !

TOOL_5150

I thought it was just me and operator problems, I also got the Remark:
The document is password-protected or encrypted. Download and save and open in Works...

I both opened once and then saved to cpu, then is self opened...

I sudo give up on these types of downloads, I downloaded another Xls the other night and is was there, but all the Text and work was in Vertical ? !

Another time I downloaded something it asks me to open a tab, well "I don't know, Isn't a choice" :) I didn't see that one either ~ !

Maybe a helpfully screen shoot of what one is suppose to see might be something !

You need excel to open an xls document. You can download openoffice for free though - openoffice.org or something like that. Google it, I have used it and it does work pretty good.

~Matt

TOOL_5150

You need excel to open an xls document. You can download openoffice for free though - openoffice.org or something like that. Google it, I have used it and it does work pretty good.

~Matt

That was a little unclear, Here is what I wanted to say:

You need excel to open an xls document. Or you can download openoffice for free though - openoffice.org or something like that. Google it, I have used it and it does work pretty good. Openoffice will also

open an xls file, as well as let you edit it (the non-protected light green cells)

ALSO I dont plan on moving that file any time soon, so feel free to bookmark it the 2nd link. I allready used it remotely today. Still trying to get my blackberry to work right.

by the way.. 10 minute edit time?:confused: why so short?

~Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.