Quick reference charts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyx92

Is there a chart anyone knows of that shows conduit fill with multiple and different size wires to what size raceway would be required? Example....chart showing 3-#10 and 6-#12 THHN, or maybe 5-#10 and 5-#12 thhn? I know there are calculator that will do this easy but looking for a chart that show the different combinations if there is one. I'm not talking about the chart in the Uglys book or Annex C either, they don't give combinations of different size wire in same raceway.

Is there a chart anyone knows of that shows conduit fill with multiple and different size wires to what size raceway would be required? Example....chart showing 3-#10 and 6-#12 THHN, or maybe 5-#10 and 5-#12 thhn? I know there are calculator that will do this easy but looking for a chart that show the different combinations if there is one. I'm not talking about the chart in the Uglys book or Annex C either, they don't give combinations of different size wire in same raceway.

Either find a wire-fill calculating program or do it the old fashioned way... with CH 9 and Annex C and a calculator.

celtic

I have made my own charts based on a given job.
Of course, most jobs have an assortment of variables, so there is no "one size fits all" chart.

If you decide to make your own...don't forget a numbering detail so everyone remains on the "same page"...many guys don't know/care about the rule of 6

iaov

I don't know rule 6 either and probably don't care. I think there is a conduit fill calculator in the Mike Holt freebies area.

celtic

Rule of 6 has to do with phasing your conductors....
1 BLACK 2
3 RED 4
5 BLUE 6
7 BLACK 8
9 RED 10
11 BLUE 12
13 BLACK 14
15 RED 16
17 BLUE 18

Off the top of you head, you know 36 is blue...but what about 34?
How about 73?

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Rule of 6 has to do with phasing your conductors....
1 BLACK 2
3 RED 4
5 BLUE 6
7 BLACK 8
9 RED 10
11 BLUE 12
13 BLACK 14
15 RED 16
17 BLUE 18

Off the top of you head, you know 36 is blue...but what about 34?
How about 73?

Of coarse, any multiple of six and the one below it....

Just threw me off you tossed that into a conduit fill thread. Do the blue ones take up more space?

iaov

Rule of 6...Works for B,O,Y too. I thought we were talking about rule #6. I still don't know that one. Rule number 5 as I remember has to do with reporting nuclear submarines surfacing on the grinder.:D

celtic

Do the blue ones take up more space?

No, the black ones do...more letters :grin:

Rule of 6...Works for B,O,Y too. I thought we were talking about rule #6. I still don't know that one. Rule number 5 as I remember has to do with reporting nuclear submarines surfacing on the grinder.:D

Yea, it'll work for whatever color scheme you have w/3 phase...it ain't rocket science :)

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Look out Celtic, he's a former bubblehead....Rocket scientists only talk the talk. Bubbleheads walk the walk!

Trepang%20surfacing%20in%20ice_sm.jpg

If your where they're at, you'll turn BLUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.