Rack-A-Tiers Wire Dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd4524

Yup these things are awesome! I use them for 1000 ft reels of nm and best of all as a seat at lunch. Absolutely keep an eye on these because they WILL grow legs on a jobsite.
Jeremy, what are you doing with 1000 ft reels of 1/2 liquid tite? I don't think I have ever installed more than 10 feet at a time.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Yup these things are awesome! I use them for 1000 ft reels of nm and best of all as a seat at lunch. Absolutely keep an eye on these because they WILL grow legs on a jobsite.
Jeremy, what are you doing with 1000 ft reels of 1/2 liquid tite? I don't think I have ever installed more than 10 feet at a time.

I didn't even know they made 1000' reels of liquidtite...?:confused: That'd be one heavy reel.

jeremysterling

I didn't even know they made 1000' reels of liquidtite...?:confused: That'd be one heavy reel.

Yeah, your right. The delivery driver showed up last week with my master rolls of #10 stranded and conduit.

We offloaded the copper and then I took a deep breath and psyched myself to flip the 1000' sealtight off the stakebed. Then the driver grabbed the side of the spool and turned it up off the pallet one-handed!

I was amazed for about a tenth of a second! Then I saw through the shrink-wrap that the supply house had mistakenly sent smurf. I laughed and sent the driver back for the blue liquidtight flexible metal conduit that we had ordered.

Thankfully, they brought the right stuff like they typically do in a pickup. I have a heavy duty four wheel dolly that we "catch" the spool as it rolls off the tailgate. It may break off a piece of the spool flange when it crashes down, but, for the most part, stays intact.

And the rack-a-tiers hold it up no problem!

iwire

Staff member
I have rack a teers and normally use them with 1000' MC spools, I they never give me problem with full spools but sometimes when you get to the end of the spool they move or tip over. Still well worth the money IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.