Radiant floor heating for wood floors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyho

I have a customer asking me about a low voltage radiant floor heating system for a wood floor. Has anyone ever heard or seen this? I can't imagine how you would fasten flooring when you have an electrical element under it.

danickstr

i would talk to the flooring installer before beginning this project, and see if he has any concerns about the method recommended by the radiant system. flooring guys will see a problem before we would, as far as the install's feasibility in the real world. for example, will pine sleepers really hold down a wood floor? i would ask about that.

gndrod

Laminate wood-tile

Laminate wood-tile

Here is another finished floor element heated system (Google NUheat) used on the West Coast. rbj

stickboy1375

donselectric said:
i always thought that radiant heat shouldn't be put under wood
floors as the wood would do funny things....:confused:

I see radiant installed all the time under wood flooring, just never electric. Never seen a problem either.

mattsilkwood

i have put down some of the warm tiles stuff. its a real pita to work with, the little plastic clips break easily, you also have to watch the floor guys so they dont nick the wires. also ive never seen a low voltage application before its all been 240v. that being said after its all said and done and youve asked forgiveness for all the bad words you said it makes a really nice floor.

L

Lxnxjxhx

Low voltage = high amps. You have elec. specs?
I don't see how the flooring stands the temp. cycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.