Raised cover

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
I have a 30A 250V receptacle that I want to mount to a raised 4x4 steel cover, the cover came with screws & nuts, the receptacle came with the box screws, seems the only choice I have is to use the cover screws without the nuts, as the screws go into receptacle body, wasn’t sure about grounding with that set up,

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I have a 30A 250V receptacle that I want to mount to a raised 4x4 steel cover, the cover came with screws & nuts, the receptacle came with the box screws, seems the only choice I have is to use the cover screws without the nuts, as the screws go into receptacle body, wasn’t sure about grounding with that set up,
Can you post a photo of the receptacle?

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
its a 30A 250V bullseye receptacle no way to use nuts, I don't have luck posting pictures, If you did a search it would come up. The screws go into the threaded holes in receptacle, I do plan on running the EGC to box and receptacle, I have seen many done this way,

synchro

Occupation
EE
If you have a bonding jumper between the receptacle and the box, then you don't need the restrictions on receptacle fasteners in exception (A) of 250.146 to achieve compliant bonding of the receptacle.

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
Can you just drill two holes in the cover to use screws and nuts?

SceneryDriver

Todd0x1

its a 30A 250V bullseye receptacle no way to use nuts, I don't have luck posting pictures, If you did a search it would come up. The screws go into the threaded holes in receptacle, I do plan on running the EGC to box and receptacle, I have seen many done this way,

What's a bullseye receptacle?

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Last edited: