Originally posted by hurk27:

My next toy:
A new Dell laptop with the NEC on it for field look ups. :D
Toy?
That has tax write-off written all over it
:D

allenwayne

Re: Range Hood

02 cycle but we have used cord connacts for range hoods d/w,disposals since at least 96 if my fadung mrmory serves me well.not there on final and we pass,no appliance and there is a single devic ( hr to each )satisfies the ahj`s requirement for a disc.Worked all this time and that`s fine with us :D

allenwayne

Seems to me that nyc has adopted the nec but with enough changes to choke a horse ;) In the late 70`s I started in the trade in nyc and some of thr rules were ridiculous.One that has stuck in my head was no more than 7 wires in any size conduit # 12 that is :roll: ,we were also allowed to rough and trim at same time no drywall,energize the circuits and move on :eek:

hurk27

The only place a single receptacle is required is where there is a GFCI requirement that has an exception to allow a dedicated space appliance(210.8), IE garages, Basements. There is no requirement for GFCI protection on a receptacle that does not serve counter space in a dwelling kitchen!

Edited to add that in a garage or basement a receptacle that is not readily accessible is not required to be GFCI protected Such as the garage door opener receptacle, a receptacle mounted above the gas hot water heater for the combustion blower.

Accessible, Readily (Readily Accessible). Capable of being reached quickly for operation, renewal, or inspections without requiring those to whom ready access is requisite to climb over or remove obstacles or to resort to portable ladders, and so forth.
See exception 1 in both those sections

[ July 16, 2005, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: hurk27 ]

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Take a look at Longmont, Colorado's amendments.

They require a single recep for the washer, gas range outlet, anywhere you'd consider inaccessible.

The funny thing is, the washer has to be toally dedicated there. According to their amendments, they'd prefer to see a iron plugged into a 15a lighting circuit than the washer. :)

When I was chatting with the inspector at my project, he said that a single receptacle for the washer is a good idea. He said something about granny's heirloom 80-year-old iron with the frayed cord, plugged into the washer being a hazard.

In conclusion, he said, "Single receptacle or a GFI, take your pick. :) "
I said, one problem with that: "It's not a sink." :D

I keep bugging him to come here, I think he'd really enjoy and learn from this site.

hurk27

16.08.130 Article 210.11(C)(2) amended ? Laundry Branch Circuits.
Article 210.11(C)(2) of the National Electrical Code is amended as follows:
Laundry Branch Circuits. In addition to the number of branch circuits required by other parts of this section, at least one additional 20-ampere branch circuit supplying a single receptacle outlet shall be provided for the laundry receptacle outlet required by 210.52(F). Where gas piping is installed for a gas dryer, an additional 15-ampere branch circuit supplying a single receptacle outlet These circuits shall have no other outlets.
16.08.140 Article 210.11(C) amended ? Dwelling Units.
Article 210.11(C) of the National Electrical Code is amended by the
Ouch George! :eek:
Why would they want a gas dryer on a dedicated single receptacle circuit when they only draw 3 amps?????

I also noted that they did adopt part of article 80

physis

It's so contractors can do the contractors dance. :D

party-smiley-018.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.