Re-using exisitng service

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanderson

Hi All,

I am seeking some advice for how to handle a project I am working up the design on; It has an existing service I believe it is 800A (sorry working from photo's) the service consists of a meter outside on back wall with 800A disconnect and apparently has been double lugged to feed two 400A panels with another 100A subpanel feed from one of the main panels. The new facility has about half the load as the existing and possibly even less. Preliminary load is approx. 200A-225A (demand load) should I call for 250A fuses to replace the existing 800A fuses?

Thanks for the help!

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Hi All,

I am seeking some advice for how to handle a project I am working up the design on; It has an existing service I believe it is 800A (sorry working from photo's) the service consists of a meter outside on back wall with 800A disconnect and apparently has been double lugged to feed two 400A panels with another 100A subpanel feed from one of the main panels. The new facility has about half the load as the existing and possibly even less. Preliminary load is approx. 200A-225A (demand load) should I call for 250A fuses to replace the existing 800A fuses?

Thanks for the help!

Not if I could reuse what is there.
Also I believe there is a physical size difference between 800 amp fuses and 250 amp fuses meaning you would have to use fuse reducers to make the 250 fuses work.

Status
Not open for further replies.