Receptacle above suspended ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
I'm not convinced that most wall warts don't violate the code ,..300.22(c)(2)

this is from the guide info AZSQ

I would agree if the space above the suspended ceiling was being used to convey environmental air.

Most of the spaces above a suspended ceiling that I see today are not used for environmental air and the wall wart would not need to be listed for those spaces.

Chris

M. D.

I would agree if the space above the suspended ceiling was being used to convey environmental air.

Most of the spaces above a suspended ceiling that I see today are not used for environmental air and the wall wart would not need to be listed for those spaces.

Chris

I agree ,..I just thought that given the information at hand,... there may well be an issue.

cschmid

This sounds like a good example of twisting the language to suit your own needs. ;)

Except...
The wording you used in reference to the NEC requirement is not correct. Maybe you should read 400.8(B):cool:

I quoted no language and was just using what was quoted..I was twisting nothing not even a wire nut on this..

MD now that is a nice twist to the whole thing..Yet how many times you been above a drop ceiling and found it was a return air space and found non plenum rated wires..

Now this is a classic job I want an receptacle above the ceiling tiles and then after inspector has gone magically some sort of signage appears and is using that outlet..Now what was the real purpose of the receptacle above the ceiling for..

Status
Not open for further replies.