Recessed LED Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFletcher

There is a driver in the j-box, so it's low voltage/class 2... if not, I guess the threaded locking 2 pin connector is listed to be used outside of a j-box. That said, I thought j-boxes had to be secured... maybe there are mounting lugs to do so.

I looked at Lotus' website. Those lights are rated IC and wet locations. Price isnt bad at all.

JFletcher

Yes JFletcher...thats what I was wondering too. How come that box is not required to be mounted? It just gets thrown up in the ceiling hole and floats?

I guess because it houses the driver it's an enclosure, or an assembly, and not a j-box. :? But how does that work with the remote driven lights? Like iwire wrote, if it's listed, go for it.

I noticed they have an ultra-thin version just 1/2" high... I wonder if that could be mounted directly under a joist.

nickelec

Ive actually used these lights recently on a project. The owner wanted recessed lights but there were issues with clearances so the gc found these, there actually awesome Ul listed , dimmable with any led compatible dimmer no 0-10v nedded we used lutron divas they come 6" or 4" and also round or square. Very easy to install but only down side is there a bit pricey

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.