red ideal wing nut price

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best wirenuts!

The best wirenuts!

Mike Burch said:
I have been using a 3M wirenut product here at the hospital and I think they are supberb! They are made with a hard plastic top ,flexible plastic bottom and come in two tone colors. Just a great product! They are manufactured here in the United States and that has something to do with it as well.:D

That would be 3M R/Ys and O/Bs

They are a Red/Yellow combo and Orange/Blue combo

They are hands down the best wire nuts I have ever seen, and will pay $35 for a jug of 500. I have used 5 jugs in the last 6 months...
And I'm ready for more.
Besides, I reuse the jugs and put my RCRs and all sorts of stuff in them!

The guys like them. In fact, the only other wire nuts we use are Blues (for the really big stuff, and tans, and only Ideal blues & tans.) They will fit as much as a red, and as little as a yellow, have a wing on them, and a "skirt" that makes it a tad bit longer than a red.

I don't like cheap wire nuts. I don't like Buchanans, 3M Red Rangers, or any no name el-cheapos.

tmbrk

Greg Swartz said:
That would be 3M R/Ys and O/Bs

They are a Red/Yellow combo and Orange/Blue combo

They are hands down the best wire nuts I have ever seen, and will pay $35 for a jug of 500. I have used 5 jugs in the last 6 months...
And I'm ready for more.
Besides, I reuse the jugs and put my RCRs and all sorts of stuff in them!

The guys like them. In fact, the only other wire nuts we use are Blues (for the really big stuff, and tans, and only Ideal blues & tans.) They will fit as much as a red, and as little as a yellow, have a wing on them, and a "skirt" that makes it a tad bit longer than a red.

I don't like cheap wire nuts. I don't like Buchanans, 3M Red Rangers, or any no name el-cheapos.

I like them too. You're right about the "skirt". It does extend further.

GUNNING

3M orange/blue / tan/red / red/yellow

3M orange/blue / tan/red / red/yellow

I like the 3M orange and blue because you can get 3 #12's under it and its small. Can cram them into a switch box easily and wont crowd the device. They are great for changing out a non grounded outlet with a gfci. If you don't want to confuse the help yellow/reds is all ya need. No yellows, reds, tans, grays, to keep track of. Very easy on the fingers. Will compact without much trouble because of the skirt. Will cover those wild hair joints that are longer than you want them to be but don't want to redo.
Give em a try, once you try 3M you wont go back.

dduffee260

We use Sunstar wire nuts also, I bet we have gone through 200 bags of various colors and they have not given us any trouble yet. They are about 60% less than the " good one".

Status
Not open for further replies.