Red-tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan_618

I had a contractor swing at me Friday for giving him a red-tag!!!! I told him he needed a main bonding jumper on his service equipment (he isn't even the electrician) and he snapped!!!

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Re: Red-tag

Ryan, due to the fact someone decided to eliminate some of the profile information, may I ask where you are that non electrical contractors can contract electrical work.

If you have posted this information before, I appologize.

Now, did you call the police in on this?

You are doing your job and this type of behavior can't be tolerated. (has nothing to do with whether you could K.O. him) Can his contractors license be put on probation?

Roger

ryan_618

To answer your questions, I work in the Salt Lake City area. He didn't do the installation, he is the general overseeing the job. I didn't file charges but I told him that he even looked at me wrong I would file criminal assault and attempted battery and file professional misconduct, assault and attempted battery against his and his company's state liscence. This was after a VERY lengthy discussion in my office with his employer.

[ June 23, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: ryan_618 ]

pierre

Hello Ryan

It is too bad to hear this, even though I have heard about how some inspectors are lamblasted by some contractors, if this GC should be swinging at anybody it should be the electrician who did not install the MBJ. Good Luck and be careful of such idiots. BTW I remember reading about an inspector who was killed on the job, really be careful.

Pierre

ryan_618

I remember that article also. I believe it was in the IAEI magazine. He was stabbed to death by a contractor under the influence of crystal meth. We had a good talk with him and his boss and I think we found some resolution. I appreciate your concern though.

Status
Not open for further replies.