Refrigerators and Freezers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postigo

If refrigerators and freezers under the rules of Article 220.56 of the NEC 2005 are kitchen equipments. Are refrigerators in the bars and others places of an Hotel, like the small refrigerator placed in the hotel rooms subject to the demand factors required
in this article?

bphgravity

Re: Refrigerators and Freezers

Demand factors are not required by the code, they are permitted. If you do not use them when permitted, it simply means the service or feeder calculation will result in a large number than the minimum permited by the code.

For your question specifically, are you actually adding in the connected load of each refrigerator from each room as apart of the total service load? If the rooms do not have permanent provisions for cooking, then they don't have a kitchen. If they don't have a kitchen, then you don't have kitchen equipment.

It would be my take that the individual refrigerator loads in each room could be applied to the general lighting load.

Postigo

Re: Refrigerators and Freezers

Hi, this is also my take.

I have an Hotel with ten rooms, there are one little refrigerator in each room, 138 VA. Also I have two bars with refrigerators, How I take the bar refrigerators? Do I add them to the total load?

Status
Not open for further replies.