Remodelng 2nd floor bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

Older house, existing wiring, 15amp not dedicated to the bath. On a remodel does the code require an upgrade to a dedicated 20 amp circuit. I ask because I think some inspectors let go if just moving things around and adding lighting.

growler

Older house, existing wiring, 15amp not dedicated to the bath. On a remodel does the code require an upgrade to a dedicated 20 amp circuit. I ask because I think some inspectors let go if just moving things around and adding lighting.

A real remodel would be the same as new construction. But if no sheetrock is removed and it can be grandfathered in then it is their call.

If the job is permitted as a remodel that gives them a reason to require that things be brought up to todays code.

GerryB

As far as smokes, pull a permit for just about anything and some areas will make them required to be installed in the dwelling unit.
All our permits will require smokes but the HO or whoever can install battery detectors in areas not touched by demo. Some inspectors will require hard wired for instance you remodel a bedroom and there is attic access to the hall and other bedrooms then you do them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.