Remote alarm indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcushing

Image.jpg
I have a corridor going to an electric room and mechanical room like in the picture I attached. The corridor comes opens to another corridor.

Where do I need RAIs? Do they need to be outside the corridor as well as the mechanical and electric rooms? I can't find in the fire alarm code where it references this.

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
View attachment 8097
I have a corridor going to an electric room and mechanical room like in the picture I attached. The corridor comes opens to another corridor.

Where do I need RAIs? Do they need to be outside the corridor as well as the mechanical and electric rooms? I can't find in the fire alarm code where it references this.

Try 18.5.5.5 NFPA 72

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
View attachment 8097

We're on the 2007 edition of NFPA 72, and off the top of my head I don't recall a requirement for RAI's. This is usually a spec driven requirement. It's somewhat redundant with the advent of addressable panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.