Remote control of a device

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I'm trying to figure how this is wireless and how it works. Maybe because I spent 8 hours on a ladder today and my brain is still on the ladder!:confused:
They only show one part, but says it has a transmitter and receiver, so I’m with you on how it works, unless there is a second part they don’t show.

hillbilly1

Occupation
After much research, this may be easier than I thought, here is a self powered device that has a current clamp to send the “On” signal to the relay.

synchro

Occupation
EE
Here is what the manufacturer shows, looks like there is another component.
If there is an issue getting the wireless current sensor mentioned above, another alternative is the following:
The RIBW01B-EN3 unit is a transceiver and it can function as a transmitter, receiver, or both. So you could use two of the them. The two input wires of one RIBW01B-EN3 would be hooked to a current sensing relay like Jraef mentioned, and that RIB would be the wireless transmitter. The other RIBW01B-EN3 would be the receiver and its relay would drive the booster fan.

hillbilly1

Occupation
The literature for the transmitter describes exactly what the op wants to do.

“A customer may want to interlock an exhaust fan with a dryer; however, the equipment is often some distance apart. Integrators can clamp the current sensor to the cable; then the sensor is able to power itself, detect load currents and transmit radio signals using only the power residing around the cable. After the power is sensed, a radio transmission is generated which activates the wireless relay to turn on the exhaust fan, giving extra power to the vent system of the building. The repeater function of the relay receiver can extend the range of the exhaust vent by initiating another fan wirelessly.”

DrSparks

The Everlasting Know-it-all!
Occupation
Master Electrician and General Contractor

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
I don't think that device is commercially available, the only hit I can find for it is that press release. I believe the current wireless device on Functional Devices web site need wired power for the transmitter, rather than attempting to induce power from the circuit being monitored.

Cheers, Wayne

hillbilly1

Occupation
I don't think that device is commercially available, the only hit I can find for it is that press release. I believe the current wireless device on Functional Devices web site need wired power for the transmitter, rather than attempting to induce power from the circuit being monitored.

Cheers, Wayne
Must not have been a big seller, or the range wasn’t what they claimed. I’ve seen that technology before, and the range wasn’t much more than 25’. Can’t even find anything on those switches, but installed some a couple of years ago that were made for hotel room lighting control.

DrSparks

Occupation

Cheers, Wayne
I found it on supplyhouse.com

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

DrSparks

Occupation
But the URL is secret?

Cheers, Wayne
Not at all

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Status