remove circuit from panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

thanks eric

thanks eric

If that's the case then the dryer should have an individual branch circuit ahead of the 100 A circuit breaker. You do have an additional 100 amps to spare don't you?

Thats what I am doing the post for, to decide what to take off the inside panel and move to the outside disconnect where I have 100 more amps available. So far no one has voted for the dryer, the post are leaning toward the heat pump.

Jim W in Tampa

Thats what I am doing the post for, to decide what to take off the inside panel and move to the outside disconnect where I have 100 more amps available. So far no one has voted for the dryer, the post are leaning toward the heat pump.
Typical dryer for small apartment might run what 2 or 3 hours a week ? Thats why not the dryer

jetlag

thanks jim

thanks jim

Typical dryer for small apartment might run what 2 or 3 hours a week ? Thats why not the dryer

Well I wouldnt be suprised if they turned the dryer on and opened the dryer door . I had to strip down to tee shirt in 40 deg weather to work on the inside panel. They had thermostat on 85 deg. While i am burning wood at home to save on heat bill . It is section 8 housing . No wonder the breakers trip. Ha ha

jetlag

?

?

Take a look at NEC 210.23(B), (C) & (D) for circuit ratings higher than 20 amps. What is the rating for the heat pump circuit?

i dont see why circuit rating would affect moving the circuit to the outside panel but the heat pump draws 17 amp at 240 v and is on its own 30amp branch circuit

erickench

Okay, then move the heat pump circuit. Rule say's that cord-and-plug-connected equipment shall not exceed 80 percent of the rating for a 30A branch circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.