Repair for the day: 240 to 120 volt service conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

I have plenty of spare parts for those boxes sitting out back.

If the customer has been complaining for 6 months, I'd think she would be entitled to effect the repair herself, pay the bill, then deduct it from the park's rent. Most states have this as a statute.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I see no repair; where are the 'after' pics?

Those are the 'after' pics.

The complaint was half the trailer not working and sparks and smoke coming out of the pedestal. What was causing it was a burnt connection on the main fuse holder. So whoever got called just removed the fuse and fuse holder clips for the burnt side of the fuse holder and called it a day.

So now half the trailer is running off extension cords.

kwired

Electron manager
Those are the 'after' pics.

The complaint was half the trailer not working and sparks and smoke coming out of the pedestal. What was causing it was a burnt connection on the main fuse holder. So whoever got called just removed the fuse and fuse holder clips for the burnt side of the fuse holder and called it a day.

So now half the trailer is running off extension cords.

Not lazy enough, should have just removed the fuse and then called it a day.:D

I do agree the tenant should go after the landlord if they refuse to fix it.

kwired

Electron manager
It's not that they are refusing, they are just not getting it fixed. The park admitted it's their problem but have been putting the owner off and doing crap repairs.

Business is business. You want your full rent, you supply what you agreed to supply.

Call to building inspection officials and/or health and human services maybe would be some more motivation? Though some places that is slow process as well.

growler

You wear spandex to work?

It is the Christmas season:

Deck the halls with boughs of holly
'Tis the season to be jolly
Don we now our gay apparel
( a few fa, la, la, la's missing )

How will future generations view the lyrics of this Christmas classic ?

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician
Business is business. You want your full rent, you supply what you agreed to supply.

Call to building inspection officials and/or health and human services maybe would be some more motivation? Though some places that is slow process as well.

Withholding rent has been suggested. I also gave her a couple phone numbers to call. I will help her as much as I can, but since she owns the trailer and the park owns the pedestal, she is in a sticky wicket.

480sparky

Withholding rent has been suggested. I also gave her a couple phone numbers to call. I will help her as much as I can, but since she owns the trailer and the park owns the pedestal, she is in a sticky wicket.

In my neck of the woods, the law states that if the land owner doesn't have it repaired in a reasonable amount of time ( and 6 months is way too long), the tenant would be allowed to hire someone to fix it, pay for it, then deduct the bill from the rent until they're fully reimbursed.

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician
In my neck of the woods, the law states that if the land owner doesn't have it repaired in a reasonable amount of time ( and 6 months is way too long), the tenant would be allowed to hire someone to fix it, pay for it, then deduct the bill from the rent until they're fully reimbursed.

That's something that needs to be checked into as laws in that respect vary from state to state. As soon as places open back up from the holidays, I am going to have her on a phone and e-mail campaign. Especially now we have the pictures of what the park did as a fix when she made her complaint.

Now, here is another tricky wicky. In order to safely and legally change out the main box on the pedestal, a permit must be issued and the POCO would have to come out and pull the meter. The POCO won't put the meter back in without a green sticker from the township's electrical inspector. The inspection dept. won't issue a permit for property not owned by the tenant. So it's not a simple box swap.

480sparky

That's something that needs to be checked into as laws in that respect vary from state to state. As soon as places open back up from the holidays, I am going to have her on a phone and e-mail campaign. Especially now we have the pictures of what the park did as a fix when she made her complaint.

Now, here is another tricky wicky. In order to safely and legally change out the main box on the pedestal, a permit must be issued and the POCO would have to come out and pull the meter. The POCO won't put the meter back in without a green sticker from the township's electrical inspector. The inspection dept. won't issue a permit for property not owned by the tenant. So it's not a simple box swap.

Our permit applications have a section about the property owner. Fill out who is doing the work (the EC), who owns it, what's being done..... Fill that out, get a permit and git 'er done.

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician
Our permit applications have a section about the property owner. Fill out who is doing the work (the EC), who owns it, what's being done..... Fill that out, get a permit and git 'er done.

In this case, the property owner is the park. This park is the largest property in our township and probably constitutes well over 25% of the population of the township. I can assure you the township will not issue a permit to anyone but the park (or an EC hired by the park) to do work on park owned pedestals.

480sparky

In this case, the property owner is the park. This park is the largest property in our township and probably constitutes well over 25% of the population of the township. I can assure you the township will not issue a permit to anyone but the park (or an EC hired by the park) to do work on park owned pedestals.

So the township calls up the owner of the property to verify they hired the contractor named on the permit application?

Status
Not open for further replies.