Repair or replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

220/221

Why are they too hot

A large percentage of my service calls seem to be burned breakers/AL bus. Usually the AC breakers, sometimes the mains. It happens all too often. Poor design/engineering.

I picked up a piece of copper the same width and almost the same thickness....close enough for a few weeks of service. The existing breakers/bus for the other units will be toasted long before the repair.

I was going to drill it, shring tube it and cut it on site.

The top, where it bolts to the meter jaws is tinned. I got it from a local shop that builds services/equipment.

DSC01543.jpg

e57

Thumb clip - pull - pin - let the spoon fly!

If I were to do any temp work on it - it would be just conductors and lugs while I build a new service next to it.

Not long ago a started doing then on a board off site for a nice one day swap... Measure the death out of it - picutres - put it on sketch-up. Then do it all - conduit bent, holes punched and ready to slap it up.

GUNNING

Mo Money!

Mo Money!

IF your going to fix it get the money to fix and replace it first. You may fix it for now but next year there will be another an another .... replace or walk away. I know how hard it is since you already got the parts but it will save you one BIG headache if you cant get permission to replace it now. If they wont replace it now figure on that little piece of copper costing them as much as a new service with a hold harmless agreement. At least you will temporarily make money on the job. Also tape it don't shrink it. It wont be there that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.