repairing corrision on breakers, busses, conductors etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

renosteinke

Does UL have a standard addressing this topic?

Not just no - but HELL NO. UL is only involved in the examination of new equipment at the manufacturers' facility. Period. What happens after it ships is not their concern.

Last Leg

I remember when I was an Apprentice - I was so stoked. I remember thinking I was going to study really hard so that by the time I became a Journeyman, I would know every thing there was to know - now 37 years later....

satcom

I remember when I was an Apprentice - I was so stoked. I remember thinking I was going to study really hard so that by the time I became a Journeyman, I would know every thing there was to know - now 37 years later....
I think we all went thru that period, and then discovered we were learning from or mentors in the field, the early days were spent learning the basics, and doing a ton of grunt work, and in our travels we were exposed to different challenges, flood recovery work, involved working with other trades and working in mud, smells and mold everywhere, once a home, or business was underwater, testing an replacement work was never ending, I can remember one mill in Mass where every motor, was under water, and a master mechanic, spent the first day explaining the megger operation, and cleaning process, I can still feel the cold damp feeling of working that job, and here I am over 37 years still learning, and mentoring the next gang.

zog

The day you stop learning is not the day you know everything, it is the day you gave up or your brain became officially full.

Status
Not open for further replies.