Repeated exposure to electrocution from 120 outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Re: Repeated exposure to electrocution from 120 outlets.

Costs about a dollar at Lowes.
plug_H-Gneon.jpg

marinesgt0411

take a cord cap attach a 12 solid wire to the hot terminal and a 12 solid wire to the grounded neutral terminal now plug the ends of the wires into the ends of a hot dog plug the cord cap into a 15 amp 120 volt outlet and let it sit for about half a minute you will have a well cooked hot dog and some idea as to what is happening to your body every time you test a circuit the way you described

stud696981

It always amazes me how many people use their fingers to test for power. Years ago when I was an apprentice, many of the journeyman I worked with also did this. I always refused to do this because I felt it was unsafe and given the fact that I had been zapped before made me even more uncomfortable to do that. One time I even had an EC call me a sissy and told me I was wasting time reaching for my meter.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by stud696981:
One time I even had an EC call me a sissy and told me I was wasting time reaching for my meter.
I love that. That happened to me recently.

Now I have some sexy stats to throw in their face.

Get your house ready, I will install the trim material, and energize a finished product. :)

Yeah, right. :(

wpaul29

I worked with a guy that touched 2 phases off 277 thats 480 volt with his palm. He told me that he could feel a little tingle but not much else. He showed me his hand an it was very dry an callused.
These were the main lugs in a panel he just walked up an pressed his palm against it. I think that the amount of moisture in the skin has alot to do with what he could feel.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

I'm the opposite: I get shocked easily, and I HATE it! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.