resedential ICC certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

I have the booklet from ICC about the test, and the best I can tell there are know calculations on this test or the commercial test it appears that the only calculations are on the plans examiner test. Can anyone confirm this for me or provide more info about these test, I am about to start taking them. I havent been able to find any kind of prep books like they have for the journeymans and masters test.

ryan_618

Re: resedential ICC certification

When I got certified, there were calculations, but that test was from ICBO, not ICC. My experience is that ICC tests are harder than ICBO tests. The plan review test I know has calc's, as I passed it only a few months ago. It would greatly surprise me if there were no calc's onit...every ICC test I have ever taken (6 of them) has had math on it.

Have you downloaded the candidate bulletin from ICC's web site yet?

ken

I have not down loaded the bulletin yet, I tried a while back and had problems I am going to try again today. I went back and looked over the info I have again and It did say there were some branch circuit and feeder calcs on it. I am just trying to find out how in depth this test is maybe compared to the Block(expurier) masters or journeyman test. I have taken and passed both of them.

ken

that is the kind of thing I need to hear, I have been a little intimidated by this test because I couldnt find a whole lot of info about it.

ryan_618

Ken:

Download the bulletin HERE then schedule the test. Schedule the test TODAY!!! Make the appointment right now, and that will give you incentive to study. It is much easier to decide whether or not you study or watch the basketball game if you have $180 riding on the test.

Let us know when you pass! :)

BTW: If there is anything at all that I can help you with, you musn't hesitate to ask!

ken

It is scheduled for March 13th and My employer has already paid the money. I have started studying some but I am going to set aside about an hour a day between now and then, maybe a little more as the date gets closer. I appreciate your help and encouragement.

pierre

When studying for this test, do not get hung up on the calculation questions. There is a small percentage of calculation questions as compared to the others, and for residential, they are not too difficult.
Good Luck -STUDY HARD

Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.