Resi inspection check list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,
Does anyone have or can stear me to a resi checklist I can give to my techs to go through a home, for a safety/condition/upsell program? Yes we could put one together but if some one already has something inprint that would be great.
thank for the forum.

satcom

Hi Folks,
Does anyone have or can stear me to a resi checklist I can give to my techs to go through a home, for a safety/condition/upsell program? Yes we could put one together but if some one already has something inprint that would be great.
thank for the forum.

Someone in your state may have an answer for you, the laws in our state require a master, or J man or someone who has worked 3 1/2 years under a Master or J man to do that type of work, Techs in many cases are not electricians.

renosteinke

IMO, using a 'safety inspection' as a sales tool perverts the intent of the code, and undermines respect for the code by the public.

This is especially true when the bill for swapping out a receptacle for a GFCI is $400.

This only creates hostility between the customer and contractors in general.

satcom

IMO, using a 'safety inspection' as a sales tool perverts the intent of the code, and undermines respect for the code by the public.

This is especially true when the bill for swapping out a receptacle for a GFCI is $400.

This only creates hostility between the customer and contractors in general.

That was one of the issues brought to light in the recent CEU law update class, it was also noted that in my state we have a rehab code which allows most of the existing work to remain under the code it was installed. The consumer does not by law have to upgrade, so up selling on code changes will not fly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.